Introducing Wizkers:Radio a new type of rig controller, based on the Wizkers framework
Wizkers:Radio is a completely new type of rig controller, based on the Wizkers framework. It is the only rig controller app which will work as well on an Android phone or tablet, a Chromebook, or a Mac, Linux or Windows computer.
No matter what the device you are running it on, Wizkers:Radio gives you not only direct access to VFOs and a couple of settings, like most rig controllers do, but to a complete operation dashboard including unique capabilities such as
- Complete working copy of the radio front panel
- “Memory cards” for quick access to frequencies
- Monitoring and graphing of all radio and amplifier parameters: temperature, power, voltage, current
Radio equipment support
At this time, Wizkers:Radio works with Elecraft gear: KX3, KXPA100, PX3, XG3. we are planning to add support for other equipment brands with time.
Interfacing with radio software
As a rig controller, Wizkers:Radio provides a complete set of “output plugins” which enable it to act as the rig controller for a whole variety of ham radio software:
- XML-RPC plugin: this lets you use Wizkers:Radio as a drop-in replacement for flrig when used with fldigi
- Hamlib “rigctld” plugin: this plugin makes Wizkers:Radio compatible with any software that can talk the rigctl TCP/IP protocol
You can enable/disable any of those plugins at any time and have them all work together, which is completely unique.
Radio / Equipment configuration
Elecraft radios are amazingly configurable – the KX3 contains nearly 200 individual settings, all of which can be accessed from its front panel… if you remember how to do it, or if you have the manual with you. When using Wizkers:Radio, you can make the configuration process a lot easier.
Wizkers:Radio is available for $8.99 on the Mac App Store.