Satellite Ham Radio (HamSat) for iOS version 7.0.3 released
HamSat is part of the Sat series of applications (ISS, HamSat and ProSat) and is a visualization/utility application that allows Ham Radio operators wanting to work the amateur ham radio satellites to see the location of the satellites in realtime over the Earth (up to two satellites may be tracked simultaneously).
The application will calculate the rise/set times and associated azimuth and elevation for the selected ham radio satellite, the Sun or the Moon given either the user entered or network retrieved location.
In addition, you can see the Earth rendered either as a 3D globe or a 2D map using photo realistic texture maps for the Earth model. The orientation of the map is easily changed by a simple rotation of the device from portrait (3D) to landscape (2D). In either orientation you can zoom in and out as well as pan using the touch screen. Controls are given to allow you to select: the texture maps used, whether shading is performed, whether to draw political boundaries and if a lat/lon grid should be presented.
If you are interested in more than just the Amateur Radio satellites then please take a look at ProSat which has all of the features of HamSat but adds in a little more than 700+ additional satellites.
What’s New in Version 7.0.3
- Merged Compass code with HD version
- Revamped the compass heading logic to fix intermittent bug
7.0.2 Jan 16, 2018
- Adding in scaling logic for the compass text as it’s getting too small on the iPhoneX.
- Fixed a compass initialization issue if you had the phone sitting on it’s back when you enter the compass screen.
- Increased the size of the satellite dot on the compass screen as feedback is it’s a bit small now on the higher resolution devices.
7.0.1 Jan 15, 2018
- Cleaning up some nits in font style on a few new fields
- Fixing an iOS bug that seems to cause some navigation buttons to not refresh correctly after the initial press.
HamSat is written by Craig Vosburgh, W0VOS and is available for $7.99 on the Apple iTunes Store