Sound Siphon v2.1.1 now available
Staticz has released version 2.1.1 of Sound Siphon, a software package that makes the output of applications running on your mac available as an audio input device for use on another application.
Sound Siphon can be used to “wire” the output of one application to the input of another, for example, you can run DogParkSDR to control and receive audio from your FlexRadio and pipe the audio input and output from your radio into FLdigi (instructions on how to do that can be found here)
Sound Siphon 2.1.1 has the following features:
- Compatible with more output devices.
- Fixed audio capture of multichannel output devices.
- Better handling of subprocesses, such as Minecraft.
- Added option to enable/disable play through for an input.
- Can now specify the output device used for monitoring in preferences.
- Fixed capturing audio from subprocesses. This fixes capturing from Chrome and Terminal, among other things.
Sound Siphon 2 is a FREE UPGRADE for those that have already purchased Sound Siphon 1.x. The new version, as well as a limited use demo download is available from the staticz.com website.