WSJT-X version 2.0 has been released.
availability (GA) release of WSJT-X Version 2.0.0.
If you have been using version 1.9.1 or earlier, or one of the candidate
releases v2.0.0-rc#, it’s important to upgrade now. The original
protocols for FT8 and MSK144 are no longer supported. With v1.9.1 and
earlier you cannot communicate with WSJT-X 2.0 using these modes.
We now recommend using WSJT-X 2.0 anywhere in the conventional FT8 and
MSK144 sub-bands. Everyone should upgrade to v2.0 by no later than
January 1, 2019.
NEW FEATURES IN WSJT-X 2.0
1. Compound and nonstandard callsigns are automatically recognized and
handled using new FT8 and MSK144 message formats.
2. The new FT8 protocol provides optimized message formats for North
American VHF contests, European VHF contests, ARRL Field Day, and ARRL
RTTY Roundup. Similarly, the new MSK144 protocol provides optimized
message formats for North American VHF and European VHF contests. Full
support is provided for “/R” and “/P” calls in the relevant contests.
3. The new protocols provide nearly equal (or better) sensitivity
compared to the old ones, and lower false decode rates.
4. New logging features are provided for contesting and for “Fox”
(DXpedition) mode. Logging is optionally integrated with N1MM Logger+
5. Color highlighting of decoded messages provides worked-before status
for callsigns, grid locators, DXCC entities, continents, CQ Zones, and
ITU zones on a āby bandā and āby modeā basis, and for stations that have
uploaded their logs to Logbook of the World (LoTW) within a specified
6. The WSPR decoder now achieves decodes down to S/N = -31 dB. For the
particular benefit of LF/MF users, an option “No own call decodes” has
7. The UDP messages sent to companion programs have been expanded and
A more detailed list of program changes can be found in the cumulative
Upgrading from earlier versions of WSJT-X should be seamless. There is
no need to uninstall a previous version or move any files.
Please do not continue to use any release candidate — that is, any beta
release with “-rc#” in the version name.
Links to installation packages for Windows, Linux, and Macintosh are
You can also download the packages from the WSJT X SourceForge site:
We hope you will enjoy using WSJT-X Version 2.0.0.