SkookumLogger v2.4.3 now available
Bill Myers, K1GQ, released version 2.4.3 of his contest logging software SkookumLogger for macOS.
SkookumLogger is a full-featured contest logging program suitable for the most demanding contester. It runs on MacOS, supporting single-mode and and mixed-mode events on 13 bands between 160m and 23cm. SkookumLogger requires a K1EL WinKeyer or a YCCC SO2R Box to send CW.
Some SkookumLogger Features
- Any number of QSOs per log
- Duplicate checking as callsigns are entered
- Partial callsign matching against Super Check Partials (SCP) database and log
- Integrated download of the SCP and cty.dat databases
- Exchange Archive database (like personal call history files)
- Separate activity table windows (like band maps) for each contest band
- Multiplier checksheets for countries, regions, prefixes, zones, locators, other
- Time Tracker and Rate Tracker panels
- Score window with band breakdown and scoring for most contests
- Bidirectional DX Cluster packet spotting interface, with skimmer and QSX support
- CW keyboard mode
- Great circle map with terminator overlay
- SkookumNet networking for multi-operator/multi-transmitter configurations
- Green Heron, Easy Rotor and SARTEK rotator interfaces
- Elecraft KPA500 and KPA1500, ACOM 2000A, and Alpha 87A amplifier interfaces
- Elecraft KAT500 antenna tuner interface
- YCCC SO2R Box interface including its WinKeyer emulation
- YCCC MOAS antenna switch interface with antenna pattern overlays on the great circle map
- Cabrillo export for submitting log entries
- ADIF and CSV export for moving contest QSOs to a general-purpose logger
- Automated log submission via Apple Mail and via Web browser
- Statistics report for post-contest analysis of your contest log
- CW Practice mode for developing your running skills off the air
Release 2.4.3 2019-04-20
Messages preferences has a new tab, SSB, for defining which radio DVR message to play for certain Messages menu items. See the Voice Messages topic in the Messages section of Help.
For contests with serial numbers in the sent exchange, the serial number for the previous QSO is now prominently displayed as an aid in SSB contesting. See the About Serial Numbers topic in the Messages section of Help for additional information.
SkookumLogger is now a notarized app.
The FT-950 radio code was not reporting end-of-play for DVR messages. Thanks MIØHOZ.
The new FTdx-3000 NO DVR radio module works around an issue with the BKIN state for users that do not have or do not use the DVR option. Thanks GØDVJ, M3NGC, G4EUW.
Clearing a QSO while keyboard focus was in a not-empty QSO entry field other than Call failed to clear that entry field.
JIDX contest was using ITU zones instead of CQ zones, and was failing to test that valid QSOs are between Inside Japan and Outside Japan entrants.
In contests with mandatory off periods (typically, QSO parties with two separate start-stop times), QSO made after the last start time were being logging but excluded from scoring. Thanks WA1Z, W6SX.