SkookumLogger v2.4.8 now available
Bill Myers, K1GQ, released version 2.4.8 of his contest logging software SkookumLogger for macOS.
SkookumLogger is a full-featured contest logging program suitable for the most demanding contester. It runs on MacOS, supporting single-mode and and mixed-mode events on 13 bands between 160m and 23cm. SkookumLogger requires a K1EL WinKeyer or a YCCC SO2R Box to send CW.
Some SkookumLogger Features
- Any number of QSOs per log
- Duplicate checking as callsigns are entered
- Partial callsign matching against Super Check Partials (SCP) database and log
- Integrated download of the SCP and cty.dat databases
- Exchange Archive database (like personal call history files)
- Separate activity table windows (like band maps) for each contest band
- Multiplier checksheets for countries, regions, prefixes, zones, locators, other
- Time Tracker and Rate Tracker panels
- Score window with band breakdown and scoring for most contests
- Bidirectional DX Cluster packet spotting interface, with skimmer and QSX support
- CW keyboard mode
- Great circle map with terminator overlay
- SkookumNet networking for multi-operator/multi-transmitter configurations
- Green Heron, Easy Rotor and SARTEK rotator interfaces
- Elecraft KPA500 and KPA1500, ACOM 2000A, and Alpha 87A amplifier interfaces
- Elecraft KAT500 antenna tuner interface
- YCCC SO2R Box interface including its WinKeyer emulation
- YCCC MOAS antenna switch interface with antenna pattern overlays on the great circle map
- Cabrillo export for submitting log entries
- ADIF and CSV export for moving contest QSOs to a general-purpose logger
- Automated log submission via Apple Mail and via Web browser
- Statistics report for post-contest analysis of your contest log
- CW Practice mode for developing your running skills off the air
2.4.8 2019-08-30 New features
Added the ARRL Maxim Birthday Celebration contest. Some of the nuttier features of the rules are not supported, including the one-time ‘DX’ multiplier and a few of the bonuses. The “/150” suffix is also obnoxious; SkookumLogger will truncate your sent call in Cabrillo output when the call has more than 13 characters. I wasn’t planning to support this until a last-minute request arrived, so my limited testing has probably missed something.
Changed Cabrillo code for Hawaii QSO Party from HQP to HI-QSO-PARTY. Also customized the coordinates for the multipliers; something to do while waiting for a new QSO opportunity.
Changed “Ohio QSP Party in Ohio” to “Ohio QSO Party in Ohio”. SkookumLogger will complain when you open a log with the old name. Thanks AF8A.
Updated the Cabrillo QSO record output for changed exchange in Ohio QSO Party. Thanks AF8A.
Updated QSO points for rules change in Tennessee QSO Party. Also add K4TCG bonus points.
Modified duplicate-testing for contests with rovers so that duplicates are identified as soon as call is entered, except when the call has been flagged as a rover. In that case, the call is adorned with needed multiplier font and possibly-needed multiplier color, and updated when you enter the location. Thanks AF8A.
Modified cosmetics in SkookumLogger Panadapter and in the map displays.
The new Toggle Recent Log feature caused a rare crash, sometimes required two tries to toggle, and got confused if you used the Open Recent command. Thanks WA1Z.
Fuzzy matching was failing to underline the last character in partially-matched calls.