SkookumLogger v2.4.10 now available
Bill Myers, K1GQ, released version 2.4.10 of his contest logging software SkookumLogger for macOS.
SkookumLogger is a full-featured contest logging program suitable for the most demanding contester. It runs on MacOS, supporting single-mode and and mixed-mode events on 13 bands between 160m and 23cm. SkookumLogger requires a K1EL WinKeyer or a YCCC SO2R Box to send CW.
Some SkookumLogger Features
- Any number of QSOs per log
- Duplicate checking as callsigns are entered
- Partial callsign matching against Super Check Partials (SCP) database and log
- Integrated download of the SCP and cty.dat databases
- Exchange Archive database (like personal call history files)
- Separate activity table windows (like band maps) for each contest band
- Multiplier checksheets for countries, regions, prefixes, zones, locators, other
- Time Tracker and Rate Tracker panels
- Score window with band breakdown and scoring for most contests
- Bidirectional DX Cluster packet spotting interface, with skimmer and QSX support
- CW keyboard mode
- Great circle map with terminator overlay
- SkookumNet networking for multi-operator/multi-transmitter configurations
- Green Heron, Easy Rotor and SARTEK rotator interfaces
- Elecraft KPA500 and KPA1500, ACOM 2000A, and Alpha 87A amplifier interfaces
- Elecraft KAT500 antenna tuner interface
- YCCC SO2R Box interface including its WinKeyer emulation
- YCCC MOAS antenna switch interface with antenna pattern overlays on the great circle map
- Cabrillo export for submitting log entries
- ADIF and CSV export for moving contest QSOs to a general-purpose logger
- Automated log submission via Apple Mail and via Web browser
- Statistics report for post-contest analysis of your contest log
- CW Practice mode for developing your running skills off the air
Stacked Calls now works with Magic Message.
Editing the mode of an activity is now broadcast to SkookumNet. Additional changes related to editing logged QSOs and adding QSOs when SkookumNet is enabled:
- Undo/redo of edits is disabled.
- Changes made by the Mode, Operator and Precedence popup menus, and the Rover checkbox are now broadcast.
- Adding a rover QSO now updates the rover flag for other QSOs with that station.
- Adding a QSO made by an operator not in the log’s list of operator calls now adds the operator call to that list.
Catalina broke decoding of XK-24 input key presses. I changed the code to work on Catalina (and not on previous macOS versions since I am the only one using the XK-24; I think).
Improved Fuzzy matching, thanks JH5GHM:
- FuzzyMatch now additionally determines the number of matched characters and maximum number of consecutive matched characters.
- The number of matched characters and the maximum number of consecutive matched characters are used for constructing the list of matches, sorting first on the number of matched characters, then number of consecutive characters, then using the prior sort.
In Practice mode, when you enter a call containing a question mark, the caller responds with his call instead of his exchange. Thanks JH5GHM.
The log table now has rational minimum column widths instead of 4 pixels. Also, some column titles have been modified and some columns have been changed to fixed-width. Thanks W6FB.
Log ► Reset Log now clears hash tables used for tracking things like dupes and multipliers.
The SkookumNet window now has a splitter that can be dragged to change the vertical sizes of the Gab window and the Information table.
When autofilling pounce, SkookumLogger now ignores activities with modes not in the contest’s list of acceptable modes. Thanks JH5GHM.
The Log ► Make UTC Editable command has been removed. UTC is now always editable except when SkookumNet is enabled.
(Catalina only): Input/output for the YCCC SO2R Box was broken, although the device was being discovered properly by SkookumLogger. The primary symptom was that the Box firmware version did not show up in the 2T2R sub panel of Op Mode preferences. Thanks JH5GHM.
The partials pane was not being updated when unwinding stacked calls. Thanks GØDVJ.
With Correct mode on, the Run End Magic Message sent the corrected call twice. Thanks GØDVJ.
In contests with rovers, working a call that was a subset of a worked call (e.g. K6M after working K6MI) mis-identified both as rovers. Thanks WA1Z.
The algorithm for determining the calendar date for “last full weekend” was broken, affecting the start date for CQ WW CW this year. Thanks JH5GHM.
NMB (Not My Bug): JH5GHM noted that the About window text is black instead of white in Dark Mode. That seems to be an Apple bug; the Apple-supplied window is botched in Mojave and OK in Catalina for the same version of SkookumLogger.