aprs.fi v1.9.3 released
GainIO has released aprs.fi version 1.9.3 for iOS. This is the official iPhone and iPad application of aprs.fi, the APRS web site of the amateur radio world. Obtain immediate, real-time access to current APRS position information, weather reports, telemetry graphs, and more. Zoom and browse around the world and see stations immediately – no waiting.
- Search callsigns and addresses, with quick search-as-you-type and search history features
- Track multiple stations at the same time
- Filter information shown on the map (weather stations, AIS)
- View weather, telemetry and statistic graphs
- Beacon your position on aprs.fi
- Attach to a transceiver with a wireless connection to a BLE TNC, receive and transmit position beacons without the Internet
- Runs directly on top of the reliable and fast aprs.fi database
- Tested to work great on iPhone 5, 6, 7, 8, X, iPad 2, iPad Mini and all newer models
- Supports iOS 9/10/11/12
aprs.fi for iOS can be downloaded for $6.99 from the Apple App Store
What’s New in Version 1.9.3
- Dark Mode support for iOS 13! Ergonomic colour palette for low-light environments.
- Fixed a few small bugs here and there.
- Requires iOS 11 or later. Removed some old code and difficult workarounds for older versions.
Support for the aprs.fi iOS app for iPhone and iPad is available at http://aprs.fi/page/app_support
November 21, 2019 @ 2:35 am
so what does this give me that the google app doesn’t on web?