SkookumLogger v2.4.12 now available
Bill Myers, K1GQ, released version 2.4.12 of his contest logging software SkookumLogger for macOS.
SkookumLogger is a full-featured contest logging program suitable for the most demanding contester. It runs on MacOS, supporting single-mode and and mixed-mode events on 13 bands between 160m and 23cm. SkookumLogger requires a K1EL WinKeyer or a YCCC SO2R Box to send CW.
Some SkookumLogger Features
- Any number of QSOs per log
- Duplicate checking as callsigns are entered
- Partial callsign matching against Super Check Partials (SCP) database and log
- Integrated download of the SCP and cty.dat databases
- Exchange Archive database (like personal call history files)
- Separate activity table windows (like band maps) for each contest band
- Multiplier checksheets for countries, regions, prefixes, zones, locators, other
- Time Tracker and Rate Tracker panels
- Score window with band breakdown and scoring for most contests
- Bidirectional DX Cluster packet spotting interface, with skimmer and QSX support
- CW keyboard mode
- Great circle map with terminator overlay
- SkookumNet networking for multi-operator/multi-transmitter configurations
- Green Heron, Easy Rotor and SARTEK rotator interfaces
- Elecraft KPA500 and KPA1500, ACOM 2000A, and Alpha 87A amplifier interfaces
- Elecraft KAT500 antenna tuner interface
- YCCC SO2R Box interface including its WinKeyer emulation
- YCCC MOAS antenna switch interface with antenna pattern overlays on the great circle map
- Cabrillo export for submitting log entries
- ADIF and CSV export for moving contest QSOs to a general-purpose logger
- Automated log submission via Apple Mail and via Web browser
- Statistics report for post-contest analysis of your contest log
- CW Practice mode for developing your running skills off the air
Kenwood TS-890S is supported; treated as equivalent to TS-590S. Thanks K3DCW.
The multi-step Steal Frequency command has been added to the list of XK-24 commands:
- Replace Run frequency, mode, received exchange with Pounce frequency, mode, received exchange
- Clear pounce received exchange
- Focus Transmit Run
- Focus Run QSO Entry
The Rebuild Checksheets command is now run automatically when the log has less than 1000 QSOs and the Mode, Preference, or Rover field is changed for a logged QSO.
In 1T2R with Radio 2 connected and “Use Radio 2 as second receiver” not selected, frequency and mode changes for Radio 2 are now ignored instead of appearing to be Radio 1 changes. Thanks W2RU.
The Continent popup list is now a popdown list in the Country, Prefix, and Zone checksheet windows. With a popdown list, you can individually toggle which continents are shown in the checksheet table. Initially, all continents are checked. Thanks JH5GHM.
The XK-24 Configuration window now has a Help button.
The command names in the XK-24 Configuration popup menus now match the corresponding menu item titles in the SkookumLogger menu bar.
The ”Toggle Transmit Radio“, “Transmit on Radio 1”, and “Transmit on Radio 2” command functionality of the 2T2R menu now also exists in the View menu. For example, the View menu item “Focus Transmit Run” in 1T opmodes, corresponds to “Transmit on Radio 1” in 2T2R opmode, and the shortcut (home) now works in any opmode. Thanks W2RU.
In 1T, when transmit focus is changed twice quickly, SkookumLogger now enforces a 0.4 second delay before the second change is performed. This throttling prevents a situation where the Radio 1 report that radio frequency changed might be associated with the wrong transmit focus. Consequences included suddenly finding yourself CQing on what was your pounce frequency. Thanks W2RU, WA1Z.
Now prevent accidentally deleting the entire log with Delete Selected QSOs.
Updated several contests:
- Removed Scottish DX Contest.
- Removed RSGB 40m QSO Party contest.
- Updated dates for RSGB Club Championship.
- Updated dates, bands, exchange for RSGB Machine Generated Modes Activity contest.
- Removed UKEICC Random Serial contest.
- Updated dates for UKEICC DX Contest.
- Updated list of Hungarian county codes (SZ changed to SA). Updated rules: HA-DXC ID removed from exchange, QSOs points changed. Updated rules and web submission URLs and delete email submission.
The FTdx101 subreceiver is now supported. Thanks GØDVJ.
Overlay graphics in the SkookumLogger Panadapter window are now hidden when the video capture device is used with a radio other than K3 with a P3. Thanks GØDVJ.
The panadapter subreceiver cursor is now hidden when the subreceiver is either off or in diversity mode.
In 1T2R with “Use Radio 2 as second receiver” selected, the Turn SubRX Off/Turn SubRX On commands mute/unmute Radio 2 audio instead of changing Radio 1 subreceiver state. Radio 2 may be either K3 or TS590S. This evil trick relies on the radio having squelch that works for all modes (see the SQ MAIN item in K3 Config documentation). Thanks W2RU.
Audio routing was falsely being changed while sending CW messages and the keyer was asked if it was sending at a time between characters in a message. Thanks JH5GHM.
Addressed two memory leaks in Receiver Noise code.
Choosing RTTY or DIGI in the Log Setting sheet Category Mode menu was generating odd behavior and spurious reports of NS (Not Supported) mode. Thanks W2RU.