SkookumLogger v2.5.2 now available
Bill Myers, K1GQ, released version 2.5.2 of his contest logging software SkookumLogger for macOS.
SkookumLogger is a full-featured contest logging program suitable for the most demanding contester. It runs on MacOS, supporting single-mode and and mixed-mode events on 13 bands between 160m and 23cm. SkookumLogger requires a K1EL WinKeyer or a YCCC SO2R Box to send CW.
Some SkookumLogger Features
- Any number of QSOs per log
- Duplicate checking as callsigns are entered
- Partial callsign matching against Super Check Partials (SCP) database and log
- Integrated download of the SCP and cty.dat databases
- Exchange Archive database (like personal call history files)
- Separate activity table windows (like band maps) for each contest band
- Multiplier checksheets for countries, regions, prefixes, zones, locators, other
- Time Tracker and Rate Tracker panels
- Score window with band breakdown and scoring for most contests
- Bidirectional DX Cluster packet spotting interface, with skimmer and QSX support
- CW keyboard mode
- Great circle map with terminator overlay
- SkookumNet networking for multi-operator/multi-transmitter configurations
- Green Heron, Easy Rotor and SARTEK rotator interfaces
- Elecraft KPA500 and KPA1500, ACOM 2000A, and Alpha 87A amplifier interfaces
- Elecraft KAT500 antenna tuner interface
- YCCC SO2R Box interface including its WinKeyer emulation
- YCCC MOAS antenna switch interface with antenna pattern overlays on the great circle map
- Cabrillo export for submitting log entries
- ADIF and CSV export for moving contest QSOs to a general-purpose logger
- Automated log submission via Apple Mail and via Web browser
- Statistics report for post-contest analysis of your contest log
- CW Practice mode for developing your running skills off the air
SkookumLogger now supports the new RSGB Hope QSO Party CW, SSB and RTTY contests. The first event occurs on April 6.
When you entered a value for Grid in the Sent Exchange pane of New Log preferences that wasn’t a valid Maidenhead locator, SkookumLogger was silently using the locator for 0 latitude and 0 longitude. Now SkookumLogger informs you in the Information Window that what you entered is not a valid grid.
You can now enable/disable use of the macOS Location Manager to automatically set your grid when your computer moves to another grid. The option is “Use Location Manager” in Logging preferences, and requires WiFi. New grids are noted in the Information window like this:
Grid updated to FN43in98 with horizontal accuracy 65.0 meters
New grid FN43in98 is in Carroll county, NH
The conversion of grid to geopolitical information requires an internet connection.
Setting Grid in the Sent Exchange pane of New Log preferences was dysfunctional. You must enter at least two letters followed by two digits, optionally followed by two letters, and that optionally followed by two digits. Tap tab or return to apply edits.
In the Countries file, the multiplier code for calls that were associated with both a WAE country and a DXCC country were incorrectly identified. For example, in RDXC, 4U1A was OE instead of 4U1V. Thanks WA1Z.