SkookumLogger v2.6.0 now available
Bill Myers, K1GQ (a 2020 CQ Contest Hall Of Fame inductee, congratulations Bill!), has released version 2.6.0 of his contest logging software SkookumLogger for macOS.
SkookumLogger is a full-featured contest logging program suitable for the most demanding contester. It runs on MacOS, supporting single-mode and and mixed-mode events on 13 bands between 160m and 23cm. SkookumLogger requires a K1EL WinKeyer or a YCCC SO2R Box to send CW.
Some SkookumLogger Features
- Any number of QSOs per log
- Duplicate checking as callsigns are entered
- Partial callsign matching against Super Check Partials (SCP) database and log
- Integrated download of the SCP and cty.dat databases
- Exchange Archive database (like personal call history files)
- Separate activity table windows (like band maps) for each contest band
- Multiplier checksheets for countries, regions, prefixes, zones, locators, other
- Time Tracker and Rate Tracker panels
- Score window with band breakdown and scoring for most contests
- Bidirectional DX Cluster packet spotting interface, with skimmer and QSX support
- CW keyboard mode
- Great circle map with terminator overlay
- SkookumNet networking for multi-operator/multi-transmitter configurations
- Green Heron, Easy Rotor and SARTEK rotator interfaces
- Elecraft KPA500 and KPA1500, ACOM 2000A, and Alpha 87A amplifier interfaces
- Elecraft KAT500 antenna tuner interface
- YCCC SO2R Box interface including its WinKeyer emulation
- YCCC MOAS antenna switch interface with antenna pattern overlays on the great circle map
- Cabrillo export for submitting log entries
- ADIF and CSV export for moving contest QSOs to a general-purpose logger
- Automated log submission via Apple Mail and via Web browser
- Statistics report for post-contest analysis of your contest log
- CW Practice mode for developing your running skills off the air
This release has numerous internal changes along with significant changes to the user interface. In particular, there is a new Window ► External Devices menu ► with items that open windows with settings and displays for your external hardware. The windows consolidate settings for each type of device, and replace the Serial and Keyer preference panes. Considerable effort has been made to improve dealing with serial devices, including showing only those ports in Port choosers that are not already in use. All of this is documented in SkookumLogger Help.
The Radio 1 and Radio 2 menus now show Increase RF Gain and Decrease RF Gain commands when the enabled radio is a K3. You can assign keyboard shortcuts and hold down the shortcut keys to “scroll” the gain, approximating the effect of twirling the knob. Thanks WA1Z.
Bad calls in the SCP database can be deleted by listing them in a text file named BadSCPCalls.txt, located in the SkookumLogger support folder. Thanks JH5GHM.
The start dates for the HQP series of events have been updated. Sorry I wasn’t able to get this release ready before series 2 began. Thanks GØDVJ.
SkookumLogger crashed when a known call with more than 9 characters appeared in a list of fuzzy matches. Thanks JH5GHM and AF8A.
The version date was not updating in the Database Versions window after downloading a new Countries file. Thanks GØDVJ.