aprs.fi v2.1.2 released
GainIO has released version 2.1.2 of aprs.fi for iOS. This is the official iPhone and iPad application of aprs.fi, the favourite APRS web site of the amateur radio world.
Obtain immediate, real-time access to current APRS position information, weather reports, telemetry graphs, and more. Zoom and browse around the world and see stations immediately – no waiting.
- Search callsigns and addresses, with quick search-as-you-type and search history features
- Track multiple stations at the same time
- Filter information shown on the map (weather stations, AIS)
- View weather, telemetry and statistic graphs
- Beacon your position on aprs.fi
- Attach to a transceiver with a wireless connection to a BLE TNC, receive and transmit position beacons without the Internet
- Runs directly on top of the reliable and fast aprs.fi database
- Tested to work great on all currently-supported iPhone and iPad models
- Supports iOS 11/12/13
- Dark Mode support for an ergonomic viewing experience in low-light environments
- High-resolution graphics for Retina and Retina HD displays with full APRS symbol set
Buy the app – get the web site for free!
Some new features require a subscription. All old and some new features will be available without a subscription fee. A list of features included in the Extra Features subscription package:
- • APRS text messaging
- • High-performance software DSP modem
- • APRS-IS beaconing, with up to 10 callsign profiles
- • Long time ranges in map and graph views
Note: Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
GPS is not required for viewing APRS information.
aprs.fi for iOS can be downloaded for $6.99 from the Apple App Store
Support for the aprs.fi iOS app for iPhone and iPad is available at http://aprs.fi/page/app_support
What’s New in Version 2.1.2
- Handoff support on target information views: Open the same view on another device quickly
- Enable searching previously looked-up stations from iOS global search tool
- Fixed background audio processing in iOS 14: The DSP audio modem will keep running when app is in background. Naturally it also shows the red microphone warning about the app recording audio in background.
- Fixed a bug where iOS would resume audio processing when the app comes to foreground, even if TNC was disconnected previously.