SmartSDR for iOS v3.9.20 Now Available
Marcus, DL8MRE announces that release of SmartSDR for iOS v3.9.20 is now available for download or update from the Apple App Store.
SmartSDR is a full featured radio client that enables your iPad or iPhone to operate your FlexRadio device. It is fully compatible to SmartSDR v1, v2 (including SmartLink) and v3 (including MultiFlex and SmartControl).
Please note: This App requires a FlexRadio Systems® Series-6000 Software Defined Radio (SDR) Device. However, the App also contains a FlexRadio Simulator (Demo Mode) so you can try this App even without owning a FlexRadio. PLEASE NOTE: The Demo Mode audio is by far not as good as when connecting the App to a real FlexRadio. That quality is identical to SmartSDR for Windows.
FACTS AND FEATURES:
SmartSDR offers almost all features of SmartSDR for Windows such as:
- New: now supports FT8 and FT4 (iPad and iPhone Max, Firmware 3 required)
- Creation, maintenance of Slices, TNFs, Filters
- Unlimited number of Slices, Panadapters (limited only by radio model)
- CWX support including Sidetone and live send mode
- Software Paddle or Straight-Key support
- Maintain all Radio, Slice and Panadapter settings
- Support for Memories
- Profiles integration (TX, Microphone and Global)
- Audio settings supported including equalizers
- Support for TX Settings like Power including all Tuning features
- Transverter support
- SmartLink™ remote access
- MultiFlex™ support
- SmartControl support
- HomeKit support to control radio, antenna switches etc. remotely
- Siri shortcut support
For HomeKit, you can use any Power Plug or Switch that are HomeKit compatible.
In addition to SmartSDR for Windows, this App offers these features:
- Band limits and Band maps and modes will be displayed inside the Pan adapter (In-App Purchase)
- DX Cluster support which displays spots directly inside the Pan adapter (In-App Purchase)
- Graphical tuning knob for easy and exact frequency selection.
- Various additional minor bells and whistles such as easy TNF maintenance,
- direct Bandwidth selection, Split Mode, instant Memory creation and more.
- Device logging and device parameter monitoring (e.g. PA Temperature etc.)
- Logbook integration with ADIF Im- and Export (In-App Purchase)
- Support for two Bluetooth and USB Controllers (In-App Purchase)
- Voice Macro recording and playback
There are just a few limitations compared to SmartSDR for Windows which are:
- Only one Panadapter visible at the same time.
- Diversity is not implemented.
WHAT YOU NEED:
- A FlexRadio Systems® FLEX-6000 series radio
- An Apple device such as an iPad, iPhone or iPod Touch which needs to run at least iOS 11
- A newer iPad (Air 2 or newer) or iPhone (7 or better) is recommended
To run this App at your home, nothing else but a regular WiFi connection is needed that can access your FLEX-6000. You can immediately start using the App. For Remote operation via SmartLink™ a Version 2 License is required for your Radio.
The App supports Splitscreen Multitasking on the newer iPads so you can run SmartSDR in split mode parallel to your browser, Email software or any other App. It is also optimized for the new iPad Pro models.
SUPPORTED SDR HARDWARE:
Find out more here: http://go-to.me/smartsdr
Read the Manual: http://go-to.me/smartsdr-manual
Version 3.9.20 update includes the following changes and fixes:
- Some additional Midi commands have been added and changed in line with the Mac Version of this App
- Fixed an issue where the menu was not completely visible when turning an iPhone
- Fixed a bug in CWX where the side tone didn’t always stop when cancel was used
- Improved Microphone threshold functionality
- The MEM> Button is now also available for iPhones and not just iPads
- FT8 now uses a dedicated “iOS_FT8” TX Profile
- Added a button “Reset all warnings” under extended Settings
- Fixed an issue with overlapping slice flags in Split mode
- Several other minor improvements