SkookumLogger v3.1.8 now available
Bill Myers, K1GQ has released version 3.1.8 of the contest logging software SkookumLogger for macOS.
SkookumLogger is a full-featured contest logging program suitable for the most demanding contester. It runs on MacOS, supporting single-mode and and mixed-mode events on 13 bands between 160m and 23cm. SkookumLogger requires a K1EL WinKeyer or a YCCC SO2R Box to send CW.
Some SkookumLogger Features
- Any number of QSOs per log
- Duplicate checking as callsigns are entered
- Partial callsign matching against Super Check Partials (SCP) database and log
- Integrated download of the SCP and cty.dat databases
- Exchange Archive database (like personal call history files)
- Separate activity table windows (like band maps) for each contest band
- Multiplier checksheets for countries, regions, prefixes, zones, locators, other
- Time Tracker and Rate Tracker panels
- Score window with band breakdown and scoring for most contests
- Bidirectional DX Cluster packet spotting interface, with skimmer and QSX support
- CW keyboard mode
- Great circle map with terminator overlay
- SkookumNet networking for multi-operator/multi-transmitter configurations
- Green Heron, Easy Rotor and SARTEK rotator interfaces
- Elecraft KPA500 and KPA1500, ACOM 2000A, and Alpha 87A amplifier interfaces
- Elecraft KAT500 antenna tuner interface
- YCCC SO2R Box interface including its WinKeyer emulation
- YCCC MOAS antenna switch interface with antenna pattern overlays on the great circle map
- Cabrillo export for submitting log entries
- ADIF and CSV export for moving contest QSOs to a general-purpose logger
- Automated log submission via Apple Mail and via Web browser
- Statistics report for post-contest analysis of your contest log
- CW Practice mode for developing your running skills off the air
Version 3.1.8 New features
- The 07Z CWOps MiniCWT is supported.
- The ARUKR society code is recognized for the IARU HF Championship.
- The alert presented when opening an old log with an unknown contest name is more informative. Thanks W2CS.
- The Database Versions Tools has been replaced with status messages at startup and includes the IARU HQ database version.
- The RSGB Clubs database has been updated.
- SkookumLogger has 55 non-blocking windows. All of them now have consistent appearance. All except Checksheets and Editors remember their visibility states across SkookumLogger restarts. All except the Log window obey File > Close Window. All interpret the escape key as the shortcut for Messages > Abort.
- Checksheets now automatically hide when opening a different log.
- Multiplier information is not added to the Notes field when logging in Practice mode.
- Window > QTC Series now has a shortcut that opens the window without any side effects.
- Window > SkookumNet now opens the window without any side effects. The SkookumNet window now has a Connect button for enabling the network connection.
- Map > Change Great Circle Map… and Map > Change Grid Map… are now disabled when the corresponding Map window hasn’t been opened.
- Section tracking, scoring, and crashes for ARRL Field Day have been corrected. Thanks N9SE and W2RU.
- The label for Needed QSOs in Logging preferences wasn’t tracking the selected color.
- The selections for the popup menus in Activity windows were not being remembered across SkookumLogger restarts.
- Memory management issues in Practice mode code might have been causing sporadic crashes while using that mode. Thanks JH5GHM and W7AY.