SkookumLogger v3.2.8 now available
Bill Myers, K1GQ has released version 3.2.8 of the contest logging software SkookumLogger for macOS.
SkookumLogger is a full-featured contest logging program suitable for the most demanding contester. It runs on MacOS, supporting single-mode and and mixed-mode events on 13 bands between 160m and 23cm. SkookumLogger requires a K1EL WinKeyer or a YCCC SO2R Box to send CW.
Apple changed something, since 3.2.5, that sometimes breaks getting SkookumLogger updates from the App Store. The update fails with an Alert about “unable to install, try again later”. One user found that trashing the version in the Application folder, and any other versions found with a Finder search, then restarting the before trying the App Store update again, resolved the problem. Alternatively, you can download this latest release here.
Some SkookumLogger Features
- Any number of QSOs per log
- Two QSO entry boxes supporting interleaved SO1R, SO2V, SO2R/2BSIQ with one keyboard
- Duplicate checking as callsigns are entered
- Exchange Archive (personal call history file) for exchange pre-fill
- Partial callsign matching against log, Exchange Archive, and Super Check Partials (SCP) database
- Integrated download of the SCP and cty.dat databases
- Separate activity table windows (like band maps) for each contest band
- Multiplier checksheets for countries, regions, prefixes, zones, grids, other
- Time Tracker and Rate Tracker panels
- Score window with band breakdown and scoring for most contests
- Bidirectional DX Cluster packet spotting interface, with skimmer and QSX support
- CW call type-ahead and CW keyboard mode
- Context-sensitive, queued message sending for CW, SSB (using radio DVR), FSK/PSK (using radio encoder)
- Great circle maps with terminator and antenna pattern overlays
- SkookumNet networking for multi-operator/multi-transmitter configurations
- Amplifier standby/operate and drive power controls
- Rotator direction display and control
- Elecraft P3SVGA panadapter display with graphical known-activity overlays
- YCCC SO2R Box+ and YCCC SO2R Mini interfaces including their WinKeyer emulations
- YCCC MOAS antenna switch interface
- XK-24 Keypad interface with red/blue backlights
- Cabrillo export for submitting log entries
- ADIF and CSV export for moving contest QSOs to a general-purpose logger
- Automated log submission via Apple Mail and via web browser
- Statistics report for post-contest analysis of your contest log
- CW Practice mode for developing your running skills off the air
Changes in Version 3.2.8:
- Minnesota QSO Party In Minnesota, thanks WQØN.
- European Union DX Contest In European Union, thanks IZ6FXS, IK6QON.
- BARTG (RTTY) Sprint Contest. Thanks W2RU.
- Elecraft K4 DVR support in the K4 TCP radio module.
- Hints item at web site describing RIT/XIT management in K4 TCP.
- Viewing and control of the K4 EXT display in the Panandapter window.
- Hints item at web site describing the updated Panadapter window.
- Radio 1 menu items to step K4 TCP radio bandwidth and attenuator.
- Turned off qsosArePerDigitalMode flag for ARRL RTTY Roundup. Thanks WA1Z.
- Changed labels and Help to no longer refer specifically to the Elecraft P3 panadapter.
- Frequency tracking was misbehaving for some Kenwood radios. Thanks JH5GHM.
- K4 mode control was dysfunctional for K4 TCP.
- Handling of FSK and PSK received packets was dysfunctional for K4 TCP.
- Clear button for Send text in Text Decode window was nonfunctional. Thanks GØDVJ.
- Message chaining wasn’t working for FSK and PSK modes.
- Enabling Keyboard mode wasn’t aborting message sending.
- Message queue was stalled when sending a message while Keyboard mode was active and had sent at least one character.
- Grabbing a spot wasn’t always setting radio mode.
The latest version of SkookumLogger is available free of charge for download here or visit the App Store.