aprs.fi v1.6.5 released
GainIO has released aprs.fi version 1.6.5 for iOS. This is the official iPhone and iPad application of aprs.fi, the APRS web site of the amateur radio world.
The aprs.io iOS app allows you to obtain immediate, real-time access to current APRS position information, weather reports, telemetry graphs, and more. Zoom and browse around the world and see stations immediately – no waiting.
- Search callsigns and addresses, with quick search-as-you-type and search history features
- Track multiple stations at the same time
- Filter information shown on the map (weather stations, AIS)
- View weather, telemetry and statistic graphs
- Beacon your position on aprs.fi
- Runs directly on top of the reliable and fast aprs.fi database
- Tested to work great on iPhone 4S, 5 and 6, iPad 2, iPad Mini and all newer models
- Supports iOS 8/9/10
- High-resolution graphics for Retina and Retina HD displays with full APRS symbol set
aprs.fi for iOS can be downloaded for $6.99 from the Apple App Store
What’s New in Version 1.6.5
- Fixed a bug which caused the time of last beacon to be calculated incorrectly when beaconing is off and the application is in the background for an extended time.
- Fixed a bug, introduced in version 1.6.4, which caused beaconing to not be re-enabled on when the application was reopened.
- New translation: Polish (Thank you, SQ8VPS!)
Support for the aprs.fi iOS app for iPhone and iPad is available at http://aprs.fi/page/app_support