Fldigi and entire Fl* suite updated
The developers of the open-source Fl* software suite have released updates to the entire collection of software. Most of the updates involve support for a new XML-RPC library required for Fedora linux, but several bugs and other issues were also addressed.
Among the software updated was:
- Fldigi digital modem software updated to version 3.22.08
- Flarq ARQ file transfer software updated to version 3.22.08
- Flamp Amateur Multicast Protocol (AMP) file transfer software updated to version 2.2.02
- Flmsg forms managers updated to version 2.0.10
- Flrig transceiver control spftware updated to version 1.3.22
- Flwkey control program for WinKey keyers updated to version 1.2.0
- Fllog standalone logbook software updated to version 1.2.0
- Flnet net check-in and roster software updated to version 7.2.3
- kcat control software for the Kachina 505DSP transceiver updated to 1.2.3
With the exception of Kcat, all of the software listed is part of the open-source, cross-platform, “Fast-light” (Fl*) suite and together make up the Narrow Band Emergency Messaging Software (NBEMS) collection of software tools. For more information about NBEMS, be sure to check out the available presentations from the ARRL and W3YG.
As always, the Fl* suite is available for both PPC and Intel processors, with separate downloads for each available at the Fl* suite download page here