Aether v1.6.2 now available
Andrew Madsen (AC7CF) has announced the availability of v1.6.2 of his Aether logbook program. Andrew has made numerous minor bug fixes to help Aether run even better.
Among the new bug fixes were:
- Fixed incorrect date and time display in QSO table in non-English versions of Aether.
- Fixed several bugs in the rig control preferences UI, especially in non-English localizations.
- Fixed inability to save logbook files on OS X 10.7 Lion.
- Fixed problem where serial port selection was not saved between launches.
- Possible fix for issue where updating from a pre-1.6 version of Aether on OS X 10.9 and older caused license to be requested again.
- Fixed cut off labels on OS X 10.10 (and possibly older versions of OS X).
- Fixed problem where Aether failed to reopen previously-open logbook files for some users.
- Updated Sparkle framework used for auto updates to fix a potential security vulnerability.
- Fixed bug where eQSL.cc downloads would fail if the QTH Nickname contained a space.
- Fixed bug where full log search and dupe checking got slower and slower after closing/reopening large logs multiple times.
In order to take advantage of v1.6.2, Aether users must be running OS X Lion 10.7.5 or newer. Although v1.6.2 will remain available for download indefinitely for users of older OS X systems, all future versions of Aether will require OS X 10.8 or later.
As always, Aether is available from Open Reel Software, or via the Mac App Store. Priced at $39, a free trial of Aether is available from the Open Reel Software website.