SkookumLogger v2.0.1 now available
Bill Myers, K1GQ, has recently released v2.0.0 and v2.0.1 of his wonderful contesting software SkookumLogger.
With releases taking place at a fairly significant pace, it is often hard to keep up with all the additions and changes. Bill works to fix “misfeatures” in his software as soon as possible, and has been known to release updates in the middle of a contest, if necessary. The most recent changes; however, may impact several users in that v2.0.0 now requires OS X 10.9 Mavericks or newer in order to run.
SkookumLogger is a full-featured contest software package suitable for the most demanding contester. Despite all its capabilities, SkookumLogger still remains accessible to the casual contester as well. Of note: SkookumLogger was the only OS X logger used by competitors in the 2014 World Radio Team Sport HF Championships.
Incorporating features available in standard contest software on other platforms, the SkookumLogger feature list includes:
- Instant duplicate checking
- Partial call sign matching against log and Super Check Partials (SCP) database
- Integrated download and update of databases via internet
- Activity tables (band maps) for each contest band
- Multiplier check sheets, including countries, prefixes, zones, locators, and more
- Real-time Time/Rate tracking
- Real-time Score window
- Full DX Cluster support
- Station integration, including CAT control, amplifier interfaces, rotor control, WinKey CW keying, and more
- Export to ADIF, CSV, Numbers, and of course Cabrillo
- Automatic LoTW submission
- Support for more than 100 contests including those from ARRL, IARU, RSGB, CQ, various national contests and state QSO parties, special event stations, and even general logging.
SkookumLogger is available free of charge for download here.