SkookumLogger v2.0.11 now available
Bill Myers, K1GQ, released version 2.0.11 of his contest logging software SkookumLogger on December 2, 2016.
SkookumLogger is a full-featured contest software package suitable for the most demanding contester.
New Features in SkookumLogger v2.0.11
- The Ukrainian DX Contest has 27 UR multipliers. Previously, SkookumLogger parsed oblast information in the AD1C countries database to identify those multipliers and displayed them as “Other” type. That scheme missed two multipliers that are cities within their oblasts. SkookumLogger now recognizes those two multipliers, and displays all 27 multipliers as “Region” multiplier type. The first letter in the suffix of a UR call sign uniquely identifies one of 25 oblasts. The name column in the Region checksheet includes the suffix letter. There are two duplicate cases, J and U.
- The contest name stored in each SkookumLogger log file identifies the set of rules used to process the log’s QSOs to identify multipliers, compute your score, and so on. SkookumLogger has a new scheme for supporting old logs containing contest names that don’t exist in the current version of SkookumLogger. When you open a log like that, SkookumLogger displays the Substitute Contest Chooser window. The chooser allows you to change the log’s contest name to an equivalent existing contest name, or to temporarily open the log using the General Logging rules.
- Support for the recently-published WRTC 2018 contest rules has been implemented, in the Other group of Contest Names.
- Support has been added for the Concurso 80 m CW URE Manises contest in the National group of Contest Names. Thanks CT1DRB.
- Support for some kinds of bonus points scoring schemes has been added, in order to prepare for yet another round of imminent changes in RSGB contest rules. A single bonus point value will be added to the bonus-free score computed from QSO points and multiplers. The bonus point value itself will not be displayed. The bonus point value can be anything computable from the current log, such as working certain stations or working certain regions the first time. Bonuses for things that would require a new contest-specific user interface, such as whether or not you sent a (ARRL) Field Day message, will not be supported. This release of SkookumLogger hasn’t implement the bonus points scheme for any contest as yet.
SkookumLogger now supports the ICOM IC-910H. Thanks K5ND and MØYGB.
Changes in this version:
- The File ► Save Log As… command has been replaced by File ► New Log From Existing…. The new command duplicates the current log into a new log file that you name with a standard Save dialog. The duplicate log becomes the current log.
- It is once again possible to change your contest call in the Sent Exchange Editor.
- The File ► Post to Live Scoreboard command has been removed. A new option, Post to Live Scores, has been added to Logging preferences. When the option is checked and when the current time is within the contest period for the current log’s contest, SkookumLogger will post your current score summary every 5 minutes. Toggling the option turns posting on and off, and SkookumLogger will begin posting automatically when the option is on at startup.
The latest version of SkookumLogger is available free of charge for download here.