aprs.fi v1.6.4 released
GainIO has released aprs.fi version 1.6.4 for iOS. This is the official iPhone and iPad application of aprs.fi, the APRS web site of the amateur radio world.
The aprs.io iOS app allows you to obtain immediate, real-time access to current APRS position information, weather reports, telemetry graphs, and more. Zoom and browse around the world and see stations immediately – no waiting.
- Search callsigns and addresses, with quick search-as-you-type and search history features
- Track multiple stations at the same time
- Filter information shown on the map (weather stations, AIS)
- View weather, telemetry and statistic graphs
- Beacon your position on aprs.fi
- Runs directly on top of the reliable and fast aprs.fi database
- Tested to work great on iPhone 4S, 5 and 6, iPad 2, iPad Mini and all newer models
- Supports iOS 8/9/10
- High-resolution graphics for Retina and Retina HD displays with full APRS symbol set
aprs.fi for iOS can be downloaded for $6.99 from the Apple App Store
What’s New in Version 1.6.4
- Fixed a bug which prevented beaconing in background if the device was locked soon after enabling beacon.
- Updates position and accuracy information in the Beacon view more often.
- Even higher resolution symbol graphics for Retina HD displays on iPhone 6+, 6S, 7.
- Larger button images for graphs and raw packets view in station information view.
- Additional accessibility / large text support.
Support for the aprs.fi iOS app for iPhone and iPad is available at http://aprs.fi/page/app_support