RUMlogNG version 4.0 released.
Tom Lindner (DL2RUM) has released v4.0 of RUMlogNG for direct download or via the App Store.
RUMlogNG is a HAM radio logging, QSL handling and printing tool, especially made for the short wave DXer, made by a DXer. Basic logging features are included for the higher bands up to 1.2 cm and for satellite. RUMlogNG can handle an unlimited number of logs and an unlimited number of QSOs per log. Clublog data are used for automatic DXCC recognition.
Four user definable logging fields are available for your convenience.
Work in your favorite contests or run a dx-pedition using RUMlog, including full scoring and ESM mode.
Using RUMlogNG you can print QSL label and manage your incoming paper QSLs. The Logbook of The World (LoTW) and eQSL are fully supported, and you can create files for the Global QSL service very quick. You can get different statistics for paper- or LoTW QSLs. It’s just a mouse click to upload or download new QSLs to/from eQSL or LoTW.
RUMlogNG can use the K7PT dx activity and QSL manager database to inform you about current dx activities and it can build and use an own manager and IOTA database, extracting the information from dx-cluster spots. Provisions are made to query the qrz.com or HamQTH.com online library.
RUMlogNG keeps you up to date about worked, confirmed or missing DXCCs and provides you with country lists and detailed statistics. Quick log searches or more detailed log queries and export routines are possible.
RUMlogNG can establish a dx-cluster connection via the internet or to your local skimmer. A simple terminal is integrated for a Packet Radio connection. RUMlogNG will separate DX-spots and alert you ,new one’ DXCC or IOTA spotted.
RUMlogNG can interface with your transceiver, setting the main parameter on your TRX from the logbook or vice versa. Kenwood, Elecraft, Yaesu and Icom transceivers are supported. More controls are provided for the Elecraft K3 or KX3. It can control the K1EL Winkey chip. microHAM devices are supported, the MKII and DKII are fully configurable.
RUMlogNG has import and export functions to allow exchange of log data to other logging tools.
Except the DXCC statistics, RUMlogNG tracks the most interesting areas of the world for the most important awards: IOTA islands, CQ zones, ITU zones, Grid Squares, US States, US Counties, German DOKs and more.
RUMlogNG interacts with Clublog and keeps your online log synchronized in real time.
What’s New in Version 4.0
- The IC-7610 ‘Auto Discovery’ function doesn’t work under macOS 10.13 High Sierra!
- Changed: Alle drawer type panels are now “normal” windows (HamQTH/qrz.com, RTTY, multiplier help) due to missing support in upcoming macOS versions
- Changed: Manual saving of QSOs from WSJT-X
- Changed: macOS 10.13 (High Sierra) or newer required
- Deleted: Growl support removed, due to missing 64bit supoort
- Deleted: Import of RUMlog Classic logbook files
- New: Support for Dymo Labelwriter 90mm x 38mm
- New: Support for label format Avery 3477
- New: Support “Dark Mode” in Mojave
- New: DXCC Entity table shows headings and directions
- New: Data take over from the HamQTH/qrz.com result table to the ‘Edit QSO’ entry mask
- New: Touchbar support in the IC-7610 control panel
- New: In WSJT-X saved QSOs can be saved in the Contest log useful for Dx-Peds
- New: Filter options in the contest DX-Spot window (FT-8 frequencies are fixed)
- New: FT8 mode recognition for DX-Cluster spots (FT-8 frequencies are fixed
- New: New ADIF tags TEN_TEN and FISTS for user definable logging fields
- New: Optional use of macOS location services whenever the own grid square needs go be entered
- New: Scope for IC-7610/IC-7300 shows more control options
- New: Contest Scoreboards
- New: Level slider in theIC-7300 Control Panel
- New: DMC RTTY Contest
- New: Russian translation started – Tnx Vladimir, R2ADU