SkookumLogger v2.4.4 now available
Bill Myers, K1GQ, released version 2.4.4 of his contest logging software SkookumLogger for macOS.
SkookumLogger is a full-featured contest logging program suitable for the most demanding contester. It runs on MacOS, supporting single-mode and and mixed-mode events on 13 bands between 160m and 23cm. SkookumLogger requires a K1EL WinKeyer or a YCCC SO2R Box to send CW.
Some SkookumLogger Features
- Any number of QSOs per log
- Duplicate checking as callsigns are entered
- Partial callsign matching against Super Check Partials (SCP) database and log
- Integrated download of the SCP and cty.dat databases
- Exchange Archive database (like personal call history files)
- Separate activity table windows (like band maps) for each contest band
- Multiplier checksheets for countries, regions, prefixes, zones, locators, other
- Time Tracker and Rate Tracker panels
- Score window with band breakdown and scoring for most contests
- Bidirectional DX Cluster packet spotting interface, with skimmer and QSX support
- CW keyboard mode
- Great circle map with terminator overlay
- SkookumNet networking for multi-operator/multi-transmitter configurations
- Green Heron, Easy Rotor and SARTEK rotator interfaces
- Elecraft KPA500 and KPA1500, ACOM 2000A, and Alpha 87A amplifier interfaces
- Elecraft KAT500 antenna tuner interface
- YCCC SO2R Box interface including its WinKeyer emulation
- YCCC MOAS antenna switch interface with antenna pattern overlays on the great circle map
- Cabrillo export for submitting log entries
- ADIF and CSV export for moving contest QSOs to a general-purpose logger
- Automated log submission via Apple Mail and via Web browser
- Statistics report for post-contest analysis of your contest log
- CW Practice mode for developing your running skills off the air
Release 2.4.4 2019-05-14
A special version of the Sent Exchange Editor is provided for NEQP Inside entrants. The editor improves ease of changing the sent exchange county-state information. Thanks WA1Z.
Guard against a crash caused by unsafe duplicate testing in the New QSO Party contests.
Guard against missing radio mode in Activity table entries.
Activity tables redraw when the radio mode changes.
Radio pseudo-activities appear in two tables in 2T2R.
Always show subreceiver psuedo-activity when radio has a subreceiver, independent of operating mode.
Panadapter subreceiver bar is shown only when K3 subreceiver is on.
Helvetia contest is now located in the World Wide group because it is now an everybody-works-everybody event.
Radio pseudo-activities were mysteriously disappearing from Activity tables. Thanks GØDVJ.
The Run/Radio 1 Call entry field was wrapping text instead of scrolling like the other call entry field. Thanks JH5GHM.
Testing for duplicates when working rovers in the New QSO Party Inside contest was failing to consider the rover’s county. Thanks WA1Z.
Connecting to a KAP500 amplifier was failing immediately with a timeout message. Thanks W6FB.
Detection of KPA500 on/off state was failing when the amplifier was turned off by tapping the ON button on the amplifier panel.