SkookumLogger v2.5.1 now available
Bill Myers, K1GQ, released version 2.5.1 of his contest logging software SkookumLogger for macOS.
SkookumLogger is a full-featured contest logging program suitable for the most demanding contester. It runs on MacOS, supporting single-mode and and mixed-mode events on 13 bands between 160m and 23cm. SkookumLogger requires a K1EL WinKeyer or a YCCC SO2R Box to send CW.
Some SkookumLogger Features
- Any number of QSOs per log
- Duplicate checking as callsigns are entered
- Partial callsign matching against Super Check Partials (SCP) database and log
- Integrated download of the SCP and cty.dat databases
- Exchange Archive database (like personal call history files)
- Separate activity table windows (like band maps) for each contest band
- Multiplier checksheets for countries, regions, prefixes, zones, locators, other
- Time Tracker and Rate Tracker panels
- Score window with band breakdown and scoring for most contests
- Bidirectional DX Cluster packet spotting interface, with skimmer and QSX support
- CW keyboard mode
- Great circle map with terminator overlay
- SkookumNet networking for multi-operator/multi-transmitter configurations
- Green Heron, Easy Rotor and SARTEK rotator interfaces
- Elecraft KPA500 and KPA1500, ACOM 2000A, and Alpha 87A amplifier interfaces
- Elecraft KAT500 antenna tuner interface
- YCCC SO2R Box interface including its WinKeyer emulation
- YCCC MOAS antenna switch interface with antenna pattern overlays on the great circle map
- Cabrillo export for submitting log entries
- ADIF and CSV export for moving contest QSOs to a general-purpose logger
- Automated log submission via Apple Mail and via Web browser
- Statistics report for post-contest analysis of your contest log
- CW Practice mode for developing your running skills off the air
2.5.1 2020-03-23 New features
SkookumLogger now remembers map zoom factors and pan positions across restarts. Thanks GØDVJ.
SkookumLogger has a new serial device, named “SteppIr”. When radio 1 changes transmit frequency, SkookumLogger sends that frequency to the port for the device. The port is opened at 38400 baud, 8N1. The send message format conforms to that for Yaesu FT2K radio. Sending is skipped when the new frequency differs from the previous send by less that 9 kHz. This feature provides intelligent control of SteppIr tuning for any radio connected to SkookumLogger Radio 1. Thanks GØDVJ.
It is now possible to open multiple Phantom radios and Phantom amplifiers at the same time. Thanks JH5GHM.
Added several commands to the list of target commands for XK-24 keypad keys, including backlight control for audio routing commands. Thanks WA1Z.
- 2T2R ► Listen to Radio 1
- 2T2R ► Listen to Radio 2
- 2T2R ► Listen to Both Radios
- 2T2R ► 2BSIQ
- 2T2R ► Radio 1
- 2T2R ► Radio 2
- View ► Toggle Transmit Focus
Changed map move gesture from drag to shift-drag, to prevent accidentally moving the map. Thanks GØDVJ.
Changed CAT baud radio for TS-890S from 115200 to 57600, Thanks G4IZZ.
Map windows now ignore mouse scroll gestures, which previously panned the images.
Increased the width of the Notes entry field. This affects only General Logging and Special Event logs. Thanks AF8A.
Revamped the logic when setting frequency and mode (as when grabbing a spot) for the FTdx-101MP (needs testing by GØDVJ).
- For wide splits (larger than 9999 Hz), clear clarifier, turn on split, set both VFOs frequencies and modes
- For narrow splits, set clarifier offset, turn off split, set VFOA frequency and mode
- For transceive, clear clarifier, turn off split, set VFOA frequency and mode
Additional start date logic for specifying “last Saturday of month” was needed for the 2020 UBA CW contest. Thanks WA1Z.
Messages menu item enabling was inconsistent. Almost all items are supposed to be disabled when a messages cannot be sent; some were not. Example of a disabled case: SSB mode with a radio that does not have a DVR.
A ‘/‘ character in the receive Info exchange field is a separator for QSOs with an entrant straddling a county line in QSO parties. Previously the ‘/‘ was treated this way for all contests, possibly resulting in bogus logged QSOs in contests other than QSO parties where the Info field is used, like RDXC. Now it applies only for QSO parties. Thanks JH5GHM.
Incorrect polling time out information messages appeared when waking from sleep. Thanks GØDVJ.
Enabled the His Call + Exchange message in SSB mode, so that that message will reserve the serial number like all other messages that include the exchange — even if nothing is sent. Thanks WA1Z.
Resolved a long-existing bug in identifying WAE countries. For example, 4U1A was being identified as OE instead of 4U1V in a contest that uses the CQ countries list, and MM8A was being identified as GM/s instead of GM in a contest that uses the ARRL countries list. Thanks WA1Z.
SkookumLogger was incorrectly preventing new country credit for UA, UA2, and UA9 in the RDXC contest. Thanks WA1Z.