SkookumLogger v3.1 now available
Bill Myers, K1GQ has released version 3.1 of his contest logging software SkookumLogger for macOS.
SkookumLogger is a full-featured contest logging program suitable for the most demanding contester. It runs on MacOS, supporting single-mode and and mixed-mode events on 13 bands between 160m and 23cm. SkookumLogger requires a K1EL WinKeyer or a YCCC SO2R Box to send CW.
Some SkookumLogger Features
- Any number of QSOs per log
- Duplicate checking as callsigns are entered
- Partial callsign matching against Super Check Partials (SCP) database and log
- Integrated download of the SCP and cty.dat databases
- Exchange Archive database (like personal call history files)
- Separate activity table windows (like band maps) for each contest band
- Multiplier checksheets for countries, regions, prefixes, zones, locators, other
- Time Tracker and Rate Tracker panels
- Score window with band breakdown and scoring for most contests
- Bidirectional DX Cluster packet spotting interface, with skimmer and QSX support
- CW keyboard mode
- Great circle map with terminator overlay
- SkookumNet networking for multi-operator/multi-transmitter configurations
- Green Heron, Easy Rotor and SARTEK rotator interfaces
- Elecraft KPA500 and KPA1500, ACOM 2000A, and Alpha 87A amplifier interfaces
- Elecraft KAT500 antenna tuner interface
- YCCC SO2R Box interface including its WinKeyer emulation
- YCCC MOAS antenna switch interface with antenna pattern overlays on the great circle map
- Cabrillo export for submitting log entries
- ADIF and CSV export for moving contest QSOs to a general-purpose logger
- Automated log submission via Apple Mail and via Web browser
- Statistics report for post-contest analysis of your contest log
- CW Practice mode for developing your running skills off the air
Version 3.1 New features
- Optimize for Silicon Mac.
- Support FM mode for Kenwood radios and Yaesu FT-991. Thanks G4IZZ.
- Add Log > Focus Call Field. Thanks W2RU.
- Export sent exchange grid to Cabrillo GRID_LOCATOR record.
- Fixed crash when starting app with an unknown radio type in user preferences. Thanks WBØM.
- Default signal report was 599 instead of 59 for FM mode. Thanks G4IZZ.
- Deleted Updating topic from Help. Thanks W6FB.
- Fixed mis-identification of a bearing entered in a call field as a frequency.
- Fixed rotator re-enabling when waking from sleep.
- Fixed missing score in statistics reports.