SkookumLogger v3.2.6 now available
Bill Myers, K1GQ has released version 3.2.6 of the contest logging software SkookumLogger for macOS.
SkookumLogger is a full-featured contest logging program suitable for the most demanding contester. It runs on MacOS, supporting single-mode and and mixed-mode events on 13 bands between 160m and 23cm. SkookumLogger requires a K1EL WinKeyer or a YCCC SO2R Box to send CW.
Some SkookumLogger Features
- Any number of QSOs per log
- Duplicate checking as callsigns are entered
- Partial callsign matching against Super Check Partials (SCP) database and log
- Integrated download of the SCP and cty.dat databases
- Exchange Archive database (like personal call history files)
- Separate activity table windows (like band maps) for each contest band
- Multiplier checksheets for countries, regions, prefixes, zones, locators, other
- Time Tracker and Rate Tracker panels
- Score window with band breakdown and scoring for most contests
- Bidirectional DX Cluster packet spotting interface, with skimmer and QSX support
- CW keyboard mode
- Great circle map with terminator overlay
- SkookumNet networking for multi-operator/multi-transmitter configurations
- Green Heron, Easy Rotor and SARTEK rotator interfaces
- Elecraft KPA500 and KPA1500, ACOM 2000A, and Alpha 87A amplifier interfaces
- Elecraft KAT500 antenna tuner interface
- YCCC SO2R Box interface including its WinKeyer emulation
- YCCC MOAS antenna switch interface with antenna pattern overlays on the great circle map
- Cabrillo export for submitting log entries
- ADIF and CSV export for moving contest QSOs to a general-purpose logger
- Automated log submission via Apple Mail and via Web browser
- Statistics report for post-contest analysis of your contest log
- CW Practice mode for developing your running skills off the air
(3.2.6 is the same as 3.2.5)
- Added NA Sprint CW and NA Sprint SSB, replacing NA Sprint. Thanks NK4O.
- Added a hidden preference named “ForceZeroPointAndHighlightBackgroundCallColorToWhite” that changes the text foreground color for the active call field to white for zero-point QSOs. Designed and implemented by JH5GHM.
- When rescoring a log, the Suspect QSO flag is set when the notes field contains “X-QSO”. This is a way to manually cause a QSO to be marked as X-QSO when exporting to Cabrillo.
- Added eight actions to the menus in the XK-24 Keypad window, requested by SMØHRP:
- Log ▶︎ Delete Last QSO
- Log ▶︎ Correct Last QSO
- Radio ▶︎ Toggle Submode
- Radio ▶︎ Toggle Submode
- Morse ▶︎ (toggle) Keyboard Mode
- Morse ▶︎ (toggle) Key Down
- Activity ▶︎ Grab to Radio 1
- Activity ▶︎ Grab to Radio 2
- Added discussion of Dark mode color issues to Help.
- Added Phantom One and Phantom Two amplifier types to support controlling amplifier drive powers in 2T2R. Thanks JH5GHM.
- Remember Phantom amplifier power-on state across restarts. Thanks JH5GHM.
- Replaced provinces with “sections” as multipliers for the UBA DX Contest.
- Replaced the radio button image in the Log window with a square crop and add a second button for radio 2.
- Added behavior to the radio buttons: they now toggle the enable state of the respective radios. The disabled state is indicated by a red X overlaid on the image.
- Changed the DX Cluster button image to indicate the disconnected state with a red X.
- Updated the Log Window Help topic.
- Reinstated Alpha 87A amplifier support. Thanks W2RU.
- Changed the color of the target overlay on maps to white and increased the stroke width from 30% to 50% of the dot diameter, to increase contrast for red/green color-deficient users.
- Removed the leading zero for CQ/ITU zones everywhere except Cabrillo output. Thanks W2CS.
- The CQ count in the Score window was truncated for counts larger than 9,999. Thanks JH5GHM.
- The Explain Suspect QSOs result was unhelpful for the case where the country or zone for a call (e.g. 4U9A) couldn’t be determined from the Countries file. Thanks W2RU.
- A Countries file parsing mistake was mis-identifying the country for calls that partially matched exact-match calls in the file. For example KA1I is Guam, SkookumLogger was falsely identifying KA1IS as Guam. Thanks GØTPH.
- Sending CW messages wasn’t being disabled when no morse keyer was available.
- The amplifier Enable option wasn’t being turned off when an enabled amplifier timed out. Thanks W2RU.
- Polling wasn’t working for the TenTec Omni 7 radio. Thanks AF8A.
- In 2T2R, when changing antennas in a certain sequence some previous antenna patterns were incorrectly disappearing in map windows. Thanks GØDVJ.
- The SQ column title was displayed as “…” on macOS 12 (Monterey).
- The Countries checksheet showed extraneous bands on macOS 12. Thanks JH5GHM.
- In 2T2R, the transmit offset display wasn’t being updated when RIT/XIT offset was changed with RIT on if the radio didn’t have transmit focus. Thanks JH5GHM.